ATELIER de Hoteles' Pet-it® Program Policies
ATELIER de Hoteles opens its doors to guests who wish to travel accompanied by their canine best friend so that both can enjoy a relaxing vacation in a luxurious environment surrounded by the breathtaking sights of the Mexican Caribbean.
The Pet-It® Program has been designed specially to provide sophisticated service with exclusive amenities and ideal facilities for dogs that accompany our guests during their stay in any of the all-inclusive resorts of ATELIER de Hoteles.
The Pet-It® Pet Policy of ATELIER de Hoteles is governed exclusively by Mexican legislation and a "Dog Friendly" concept. No other animal species besides dogs are allowed entry.
ATELIER de Hoteles has established the following guidelines to safeguard safety and order and for legal liability considerations:
- Guests must give advance notice that they will travel with their dog. The lodging of dogs is subject to availability. The resort must confirm availability before the guest’s arrival.
- For reasons of safety and public order, only small-size dogs up to 10 kg (20 lbs) are allowed in the resort.
- The stay of pets in the resort has an additional cost, except for guests traveling with a service dog, according to the Law for the Use of Guide Dogs and Service Animals. Guests staying with their dogs at ATELIER Playa Mujeres must pay an additional fee of $35 USD per day.
- Dogs will only be allowed entry after a prior request to the resort and confirmation of acceptance. Only one dog per suite is permitted.
- The dog must be healthy and in perfect sanitary conditions to avoid damage, disturbance, or the propagation of any plague or illness. The dog’s health must be certified through a veterinary certificate and vaccination card.
- The dog owner must register their pet through the Pet-It® registration card, which includes the pet’s name, and affix their signature in acceptance of regulations and responsibility for the pet’s actions.
- There are areas specifically designated for the leisure of dogs in the resort. It is an obligation of the owner to carry sanitary bags to pick up the dog’s stools and to carry bottled water for hydration.
- The owner accepts the responsibility of avoiding any disturbance to other guests.
- The owner will be solely responsible for picking up, cleaning, and disposing of their dog’s stools in specially designated areas.
- In case of disturbances by the pet affecting other guests, the resort manager will promptly inform the owner in writing.
- Restricted areas inside the resort:
- For safety reasons, dogs are not allowed in ATELIER Playa Mujeres' Junior Suite Swim Out categories.
- Inside Restaurants and Bars
- INSPIRA Rooftop Bar
- Pools and Plunge Pools
- NUUP Spa® and gym
- Unmarked Gardens and Vegetation Areas
- Convention Center
- San José Chapel
Use of towels and resort furnishings:
- The dog may stay alone in the suite for a maximum of two hours, while inside a travel carrier. It is important to place the "Please Do Not Disturb, My Dog is Resting" notice on your suite's doorknob.
- If the dog must remain unsupervised for a longer period, then the owner must inform the Concierge department. In such cases, the owner must hire the services of a Doggysitter ($).
- Dogs are not allowed to stay on the suite’s balcony or terrace for protection and safety reasons.
The dog’s nutrition and diet are the sole responsibility of the owner. There is food available on the Pet-It® menu.
The owner relieves ATELIER de Hoteles and its resort’s staff from any injury to the pet due to internal or external agents inside the property or any type of allergy or food-related reaction. The owner accepts that they stay in the resort with a pet while taking full responsibility for its health, safety, and sanitation, as well as for damages or injury to the resort and third parties.
- Using the resort's towels for drying or cleaning the dog is prohibited. A kit with a special towel for the dog will be delivered upon arrival.
- It is prohibited for dogs to climb on beds, sofas, couches, or any other piece of furniture within the resort. The owner will be liable to compensate for any furniture malfunction, damage to bed linens, cleaning beyond usual requirements, excessive disorder, and/or aggression against other guests.